The Ice Dogs prepare for a difficult three in three night stand as they take on Oshawa at home on Thursday and then have a home and home series versus the always difficult Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers have been dominant versus the Ice Dogs at home, and have never been beaten by the Ice Dogs at the Kitchener Memorial Arena.
Highlights from Thursday's 4-1 victory are here
Ryan Strome was at it again, providing another highlight reel goal. It was not as jaw dropping as his goal vs Plymouth that went viral last year, or his rookie training display or pizazz, but it should put a smile on the New York Islanders fans, players, coaches and other personnel. The goal is here
Saturday's shootout loss highlights are to be found here
- It was an impressive Hallowe'en parade at The Gatorade Garden City Complex on Saturday. I'm not sure about dressing up your child in a Crown Royal costume, but all in good fun.
- Having had to deal with the shootout for the past few years, my opinion has not changed: Don't like it and never will. How about 5 minutes of 4-4 OT followed by 5 minutes of 3-3 OT. If nothing is decided, bring back the tie. After 10 minutes of the extra frame, nothing wrong with sharing the points.
- It is a shame that Oshawa and Niagara only play a home and home series during the regular season. There has always been a buzz in the arena when the Gens come to town. It started with John Tavares and the play offs the first year and has continued on culminating with last years stirring 5 game play off series. The only time there was not a buzz in the arena was when the lights literally went out in the arena in March of 2009!
- Decision time is looming for Marty Williamson and his defence. The Ice Dogs have rolled out 7 D Men the last few games as Brock Beukeboom transitions into the lineup after his return from Injury. Beukeboom is starting to take a regular shift and the Ice Dogs will likely have to bump someone from the line up.
- Hardworking Myles is Doan is down with injury. He hurt his foot on Saturday, which is a shame because the line of Doan, Joel Wigle and Billy Jenkins had some impressive mojo going.
- Movember is upon us again. After last year's sad and embarrassing display of moustache growing, I will not be participating, but will be happy to support this important cause. Ed Burkholder is participating. Al Galloway is undecided as of this writing
Thursday November 3rd Oshawa vs Niagara @ 7pm
Saturday November 5th Kitchener vs Niagara @ 7 pm
Steve Clark- Ice Dogs play by play TV Cogeco/OHL Action Pack